Friday, November 13, 2009

Stick a fork in me, I'm done.

Sam will be home in 10 days or less.

I am excited!

But, I am also very very DONE with this deployment. I compare these next few days to a long car trip. You know, when the car trip starts you aren't necessarily excited about the prospect of being in a car for 14 hours, but there are different things that happen on the way that make it enjoyable. But, the last 30 miles or so you start to get antsy and have that "get me out of this car!" feeling.

That's how I've been feeling all week long. And it doesn't help that Aaron has been a little more whiny than usual.

I keep telling myself that I can do one more week. I've been doing it for 53 weeks already, one more won't kill me.

But I can't promise anyone that I will be smiling this week. It's taking all of my energy and my reliance on God for me to make it through this week with my children in tact!

No comments: