Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Three Years Ago.

Three years ago Nathaniel was born. It was an amazing day for our family as our world completely flipped on it's head.

I went into the hospital early in the morning on the 13th of July (I think it was 3am) because my water had broken. After three hours of trying to convince the nurses that my water had indeed broken, I was finally admitted into the hospital. Since my water had broken and I was barely dilated they started me on that dreaded pitocen.

12 hours later I was still barely at 1cm and I was in a ton of pitocen pain so I got my epidural. That made things a lot more bearable for me, but it still took me 12 more hours to reach 10 cm.

At 7:00 in the morning I was ready to push and Nathaniel made his debut into the world at 8:46am weighing a whopping 9 lbs 1.3 oz. I happily held and kissed my little baby boy and watched as the nurses took him away to clean him up. I encouraged Sam to stay with Nathaniel as my doctor dealt with all of the "after" effects of giving birth.

My joy quickly turned into terror, pain and then sweet unconsciousness as I had complications from delivery.

I woke up two hours later to the nurses laughing at me because I was snoring in my sleep.

From that moment on, I have been a mommy.

Happy Birthday Nathaniel! I can't believe how fast the years have flown by.

No comments: