Tuesday, August 25, 2009

The last leg of our trip.

Just a quick note here. I left Badger, Iowa this morning with the boys and headed to Warrenville, IL. to see Sam's dad. From here I head to my grandma Hobbs, to my Aunt Loretta and my mom's parents and then to Eldridge to see Sam's mom and family. Whew! It's going to be a lot of travel and upheaval for the boys.

It's been a great trip so far. I have had enough time to hang out with family and friends and not feel like I'm short changing anyone. I even went to my ten year class reunion. It was interesting. I definitely enjoyed catching up with a few people I had lost contact with!

I have a ton of pictures on my camera, but I haven't down loaded them onto my computer yet. Let's just say that I have some cute pictures of Aaron enjoying some great summertime foods. Watermelon and sweet corn. Yum!

The hardest part about this trip has been not getting to talk to Sam on the computer face to face. It was also weird being spouse-less for the reunion. I was talking to a friend about kids and she was talking about how she wanted more but her hubby was done. I said she should have more and he said, "kids are hard work!" I replied, "I know, I'm doing it alone!" I then stopped and said, "Wait--it's because my husband is deployed, not because I'm a tramp!" So, yeah, fun explanations!

I will definitely write a bunch of updates with pictures and fun stories once I get back to California. Well, after I hit Disneyland again and get Nathaniel to preschool. And cubbies...dang, it's going to be busy!!

1 comment:

Dan said...

Warrenville? That's where I go to church! Small world :)