Monday, December 7, 2009

We're still here.

Life has been pretty crazy around here. I started my new job last week and between that and life in general I haven't been able to come up with much for the blog.

Not that the kids don't keep me filled with stories to share, it's just finding the time and the energy to actually record them. Then, when I have the time, I find that I'm drawing a giant blank when it comes to sharing them on here!!

Aaron is about to walk. He's in the "I'm so excited to get to where I'm going that I tumble headfirst to the ground before my bottom half can catch up!" stage. He is also into playing little games that make him laugh. He loves it when I wear hoodies with strings because he likes to feed me the strings. It makes him laugh. He's also loving having daddy home. It's like he never left (Sam, not Aaron).

Nathaniel is in this new stage of something. He has this attitude that is driving us up the wall. He back talks big time and we are trying to stop it before it really starts. He yells at us and refuses to do things. It has taken a lot of us getting down to his level and telling him out right, "Your behavior is unacceptable and you will stop right now or (fill in the blank with whatever punishment fits the crime)." It's kind of working, but Sam and Nathaniel have had more battles. I can definitely tell that Nathaniel is trying to test the boundaries more with Sam. Sigh.

Our latest adventure (aside from Disneyland in the cold rain today) was to the La Brea Tar Pits up in L.A. It was really cool! I think I can say that it was really cool because we got in for free with the military i.d.s so anything is cool if it's free. But, to see all of the fossils that came out of the ground right in that area was pretty neat. Plus, they are still digging in the area and we could see that happening along with the old pits that are no longer being excavated. Although, it did stink pretty badly.

Not too much else going on here. We are looking forward to doing some fun family stuff and creating more memories. It's so good to have my other half back. I forgot what it was like to have someone who knows what I'm going to say before I say it, or who finishes the thought I'm having. It's great. I feel complete.

Ciao!!

No comments: