Monday, December 28, 2009

We have all learned to share this Christmas season.

Our Christmas was interesting, to say the least. It was as if God was testing me, saying, "You say it's all about me, let's see if that's really the case."

On Christmas morning we all woke up, ate a yummy breakfast and headed out to L.A. to serve with Faith In Christ Ministries. We helped organize packages containing blankets, hats, socks and toiletries and then just hung out with the people. I painted a few faces and Nathaniel played with the other kids and Sam and Aaron just hung around mingling.

Right as lunch was served we were talking with a friend and Aaron projectile vomited all over Sam. Twice.

Awesome.

So, we packed up and headed home. As we headed home Sam started to feel queasy, but he thought that it was because he had just been vomited on.

Nope, after we got home and got Aaron down for a nap, Sam began to feel worse. We managed to open presents (poor Sam was out on the couch barely able to sit up at this point) and then Sam lost it as well. So, Christmas day was spent with Sam in bed and me picking up the aftermath of Christmas presents.

Poor Sam was so sick. At one point Aaron and Nathaniel were both pulling at my legs and Sam was calling to me from the bedroom. Yikes!

Luckily, Sam got over his illness in about a day.

But, the flu is the gift that just keeps on giving. The night of the 26th I started not feeling so hot. I thought it was all in my head though, but when Nathaniel woke up vomiting in his bed I knew I wouldn't be far behind. Sure enough, not 30 minutes later I was joining the ranks. Poor Sam, dealing with sick wife and sick kiddo.

All day yesterday all Nathaniel and I could do was lay on the couch and sleep/watch movies. It was nice for Sam because he got to watch Return of the Jedi, but I was miserable.

As of today we all seem to be pretty recovered. We all have congestion and coughs, but at least we are past the pukes.

Merry Christmas to us! Hope everyone else stayed healthy this season!

On the bright side, at least being sick keeps those extra holiday pounds off!

No comments: