Friday, October 30, 2009

One of those days where you just want to lock yourself in a soundproof room and scream.

Yesterday was one of those days.

A day where every little thing seemed to affect someone in our family.

Aaron was super whiny and I just don't know why. It could be his runny nose, it could be teeth (he was gnawing on everything yesterday), or it just could be growing pains. Who knows, but he was clingy and fussy most of the day.

Because Aaron needed extra attention, Nathaniel decided that he needed attention too. At the same time, in the same way. When Aaron was in my lap whining and tugging at my hair, Nathaniel climbed into my lap and started whining and tugging at my hair.

At one point I was nursing Aaron and Nathaniel tried climbing in my lap and said, "I want to nurse!" Yeah...not happening buddy.

Right before we were heading out the door for orchestra rehearsal last night I was changing Aaron's diaper and Nathaniel was hitting me with his toy broom. I tried taking the broom away and there was a slight struggle and when Nathaniel let go the broom came whistling down and whopped Aaron. Of course, he started screaming, I felt terrible (he was fine, there wasn't even a mark, I think he was more shocked than anything) and Nathaniel started hitting me because I took his toy away.

Ugh!

So, Aaron got comforted and Nathaniel got taken into time out for his behavior.

While in time-out Nathaniel started yelling, "I thought you were my friend! I thought you were my friend!"

I was sitting in the living room cracking up quietly when I heard, "I thought you were my friend, but you're just a mean girl!"

Yup, I'm doing my job right. At least he understands that I'm not his friend!

*sigh* It's time for the reinforcements to come home.

1 comment:

Lee Jones said...

Well, you're right. But reinforcements would be nice.