Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Coughing up pieces of myself.

It totally figures that since I had 7 weeks of break (I wouldn't classify it as vacation since I still was working 20 hours a week at church and parenting) I had to wait and get sick once the semester started. It started off with a little congestion in my chest and a hoarse voice and now it has turned into full fledged deep chest cough, stuffy nose, sore throat and little periods of aches and dizziness. Since I can't really afford to take time off (not monitarily so much, but hectic, crazy busyness) I already foresee myself driving myself into the ground. So, prayers would be appreciated, and if anyone has a family practitioner they know and trust in the SoCal area (preferably around where we live...) please let me know. I don't have one, but I should probably nip this illness in the bud while I still can.

Nathaniel continues to amaze us with his awesomeness. I know I'm bragging, but what mother doesn't have the right to brag? He's just a very well-behaved (for the most part) boy. He has recently discovered 'The Wiggles'. I was talking with a friend about the Wiggles and we decided that even though it is indeed wholesome, it should also come with a warning that they are really annoying. During the end of the dvd the Wiggles are singing the 'Five Little Ducks' song. For those of you not versed in children's songs, it is the one about the little ducks going out and getting lost. Near the end of the song, Captain Feathersword (yes, that's his name...ugh) starts sobbing dramatically over the sadness of the duck's plight. Last night I turned to Nathaniel and said, "oh, Captain Feathersword is sad!" Nathaniel immediately burst into tears and wailed. He does that a lot when others around him cry, he will cry too. I hope it's empathy and not just the desire for attention. Who am I kidding? He's 19 months old, of course he's crying for the attention, he believes the world revolves around him.

1 comment:

Lee Jones said...

I can attest to Nathaniel's cuteness!