Friday, December 5, 2008

Pictures from Sam's visit.

We had such a good visit with Sam over Thanksgiving and the week after. It was just so nice to be able to do family things, like cook dinner together (even though we ate Thanksgiving dinner for about a week...) and put Nathaniel to bed together. It was just really nice to have a "real" family for a little over a week.

Yesterday was really hard for me. It was hard because while I knew that Sam leaving was inevitable and that I can survive this (I've done it before, I can do it again), I hated seeing him say good-bye to Nathaniel. Nathaniel doesn't understand that daddy is gone for a long time. It's just so hard to know that Sam's leaving and that the next time he's home for good Nathaniel will be 3 1/2. Gosh, that's just hard. It's even harder to explain.

So, here are some pictures from Thanksgiving and beyond.



This last picture needed to stand alone. It's hilarious (I think so anyways). For Thanksgiving we had our wine glasses out with a variety of beverages in them. Wine (for the non-pregnant, non-atkins people), soda, milk, etc. Sam and I have a pair of plastic wine glasses which we got 6 years ago at a Tony Bennett concert in Iowa. So, we gave Nathaniel his own wine glass with water. I think it's funny that I have a picture of my two year old drinking his water from a wine glass. That's class (ha!).

Cheers!

No comments: