Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Transitions.

December will be a month of transitions for our family. In fact, I believe that I can sum up all of 2008 as a transitional time. We moved (again), Sam deployed (again), the number of children we are having will soon double (that sounds so much cooler than simply stating we are having another one), I'm graduating from Seminary and my internship ends. It's crazy!

Honestly, as graduation nears I am super excited but I'm apprehensive as well. What am I going to do with my time?! I've never "just" been a mom. I've always balanced three or four different tasks at once. Student, intern, wife, mommy, t.a., etc...Yet, come January 4th, after I get off of that plane from Iowa I will be faced with the daunting task of being a stay-at-home mom. Sure, it's a privilege that not many people get, but I'm nervous.

I'm mostly nervous because I thrive on adult interactions and while many of my fellow stay-at-home-mommy friends get to look forward to their husbands coming home at the end of the day, I will not have that to look forward to. It's all a little overwhelming.

I know I'll be fine, I know I have a wonderful supporting community around me, but still...it can be a bit daunting.

But, for the next 24 hours I can ignore my homework (I have three classes left to attend next week and minimal homework prep so I can pretend it doesn't exist for the time being), listen to the hubby bathe the boy and pretend that we are a "normal" family. I can live in denial that my world will be completely flipped on its head in one month and simply enjoy the moment.

(I will update with photos and Sam's visit at a later date).

1 comment:

Lee Jones said...

I don't know how you will do with all the extra time, but Cathy & I will be glad to come by to hang out on occasion for grown-up interactions. :-)

I am sure that God will continue to direct you in new and interesting ways. :-D