Saturday, October 18, 2008

Major meltdown

Ugh. I saw into the crystal ball of my future today.

I picked Nathaniel up from the sitter after class and he was still napping. At that point he had been napping for 4 hours, so I didn't feel bad about waking him up. Well, once he finally woke up he started throwing a fit because I didn't let him climb up into his car seat and buckle his own seat belt (I would have, but he said no when I asked him). He threw a fit all the way home and then wanted me to carry him inside. No dice. I had my backpack, the diaper bag and 7 bags of groceries to carry in.

Nathaniel threw a screaming, out of control, throw down on the ground and kick, fit. I couldn't just leave him because I have to walk around the building and up stairs to get to our apartment, but I couldn't carry him either.

It took us ten minutes to get inside! But, I didn't scream or get too angry. We survived and all is calm. I even had a fun package from my mommy waiting for me. A package with Peanuts mugs, some fun Peanuts socks, some Peanuts pens and the movie "It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown!" So, now we are sacked out on the couch watching that.

I don't know how I will handle that when I have major groceries and a little one...ugh!

2 comments:

Wacky Weavers said...

Times like that don't you wish there was a magic freeze button so you could have taken the groceries and other stuff inside and then come back to the child and just lift the frozen child into their bedroom?

Heidi said...

oh yes, Owen pulled something like that on me recently when I picked him and Eli up from Mothers day out a few weeks ago...I was carrying Eli, the diaper bag, Owen's lunch box and his back pack and he was a mess wanting to be carried to the car, sorry buddy was all I could say.