Wednesday, January 28, 2009

My life is like a really bizarre Country Song right now.

It's been a weird week for me. I realized today that it's like a bad country and western song that would never make it in the real world.

First of all, my Buick is breaking down. In every Country song I've ever heard someone has a pick up truck or some souped up four wheel drive, not a Buick Century. I'm working on getting a new car and am steps closer thanks to the help of a friend, but every week I notice something else going on. Like the lights that light up my odometer don't work anymore and my front passenger window doesn't roll down. Ugh.

Second, my husband left me. Not in the real life, left me for another woman, type of leaving, but still...it might fit into some weird song.

Finally, my cat ran away. I have no idea when it happened because it happened when the sitter was here, but as of 11:30 last night I realized that Socrates wasn't anywhere to be found in my apartment. So I looked on my balcony, and he wasn't there either. I don't think I would have even noticed as soon as I did had Plato not been constantly underfoot whining and meowing like his best friend was gone. Which was/is the case. I'm so sad. I figured that he would be back by the morning waiting at the front door, but no dice. I've looked around the complex, but haven't seen him. So, I posted signs and can only hope he's not dead.

EDIT: I found Socrates! I heard a faint meowing a few minutes ago and grabbed my sandals and "ran" (more like waddled) outside and found poor Socrates down one set of apartments completely confused. He was hungry but no worse for the wear!! Hooray!!

*sigh*. Anyone want to buy the rights to my life right now? It might make a crappy song or a cheesy Lifetime movie!

No comments: