Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Update from the land of pregnancy.

Not too much has been going on around here. I hate updating with randomness because I would like to think that this is a blog with some substance and not just updates on our cute kid and his cute behavior. Although, he is pretty adorable and when he came up with his imaginary monster friend yesterday I could have died from his cuteness. Seriously, his monster friend appeared after his bath (there was a monster in his pants that we had to chase out so it wouldn't eat his legs) and then hung out with us all day long. They ran to the car together and he sat next to Nathaniel with his seat belt on (like a good monster should). They then ran into the house together and played Candy Land (yay, I didn't have to play because Monster was playing). The cutest part was when Nathaniel got his bath last night and I watched him help Monster take his clothes off and take his diaper off and help him into the bathtub. Oh, and after supper he took Monster by the hand and they ran off to play more together.

But, as I said, I don't want to just update about my seriously cute kid.

I have talked to Sam two more times since his arrival in Germany. We can't talk much because the Army Post there doesn't have good phones hooked up so it costs an arm and a leg to make a phone call. He's doing well though and it sounds like he will get to come home for about five days after I have the baby. The goal is to get him here for the birth but he needs three days notice, which just won't happen. If I got him out too early, he would most likely miss the birth anyways because he just can't hang out waiting for the baby to arrive.

I'm doing better emotionally. I think I just needed to get through the deployment blues. I totally expect them to come back and I just need to be okay with the fact that occasionally I'm going to be sad. It's part of the cycle of deployment.

I had another appointment today and will continue to see my doctor once a week until little one appears. It was a sad appointment for me because even though I've had some good Braxton Hicks contractions this week, I am no closer to delivery than I was 8 months ago. I have hit the point in the pregnancy where I am done. It hurts to sit/stand/walk/lay down/etc. I feel huge and my temper is short. I literally wanted to kick one of my students in the head today for purposely pushing my patience. I really had to weigh the pros and cons of that one. So, to be told by my doctor that nothing is happening was just a little disappointing. So goes life.

That's about it here. Staying on top of the housework has become my main goal. That, and getting out of the house once a day. I want to go to Disneyland but I dare not go alone. It's too hard to walk and deal with Nathaniel at the same time. As I was bent over my bathtub today scrubbing I thought, "There's going to be a time when I won't be able to do this anymore." Then I realized that so many people have offered to help that I should maybe take them up on it. Of course, I think they meant help with the baby, not scrubbing my toilet. :)

I will make sure I update this thing when I actually go into labor! Promise! If not, at least I'll post my status on facebook. Cheers!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't want to put words in her mouth, but if Jen were still n So Cal i bet she would scrub your toilet in a heart beat! If I were still there I would offer up Matt to do the job. He's the one who cleans the toilet in our house (at least he did when we lived in the US. Now we pay someone to clean our toilets.)