Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Missing a good friend.


The past few weeks I've found myself thinking about a really good friend I had made during my first two years of Seminary. My friend J.R. He passed away suddenly in June of 2006 from a heart attack and we've missed him greatly.

I think I have just been thinking of him a lot because of the Easter season upon us. As we have been walking through the Holy Week I remember a lot about the last semester of school I had with J.R. We were both in Dr. Wilkins' Gospels class and were reading through Mark's account of the passion week. I remember J.R. being stressed out with school and all of the different services going on at his church. But in the midst of stress, he always had profound things to say about the Gospel and about Jesus.

A lot has reminded me of him. Luncheons at school have made me think of the different luncheons we sat together goofing around; prayer times make me think of the times we spend in prayer together with our friends, and cramming for my midterms remind me of the various study sessions we had (whether in person or through many phone calls clarifying certain terms and translations). I miss him a ton. I can't help but think that I would have someone to commiserate with in my Apologetics class this semester if he hadn't passed away.

No comments: