Monday, March 3, 2008

The Dawkins Confusion

Click on the title to read an interesting response to Dawkins' book "The God Delusion". It is a very well written response by Alvin Plantinga (professor of philosophy of religion at Notre Dame). This article helped me put into the words the absolute disgust I had at the book.

Let me know what you all think!

On another note. Today Nathaniel and I were looking at one of his coloring books. It is a big Bible coloring book (kind of graphic in places...sheep on the altar, etc.) and it covers many of the major stories in the Bible. I noticed in the story of the Flood that in the picture with the animals and people drowning (I told you it was graphic!) there was a wooly mammoth in the background. I immediately scoured the rest of the picture to see if there were any dinosaurs pictured, fearing that I was in the possession of some ultra conservative, young-earth, dinosaurs and men existed at the same time, kind of coloring book.

My mind is at ease, only a wooly mammoth who is in obvious anguish along with a man desperately clinging to a rock. I certainly don't want my kid learning bad theology! Violence, yes, but bad theology, I shudder at the thought!

1 comment:

Lee Jones said...

You hit on it before; Dawkins is not a philosopher, but he does pretend to be one. His objections seem to stem from a revulsion to God, rather than his stated notion that God is intellectually improbable.

Just watch what you feed that child's brain...