Friday, March 14, 2008

There's something about an old friend...

I had the wonderful opportunity to visit with my best friend and her husband last night and today. They were in So. Cal. for a wedding and I am lucky enough to live here to see them. I'm hoping to catch up with the rest of the family later this week (too bad I have midterms this week to study for...ugh!!).
It's funny. Bethany and I have been best friends for over ten years. Ever since we were in the 10th grade and had 3 out of 4 of our classes together. We hit it off and have been super close ever since. The minute we are together it's like I'm me again. I can't really explain it, but we talked about that tonight at dinner. Bethany knows me inside and out. She has been with me through thick and thin and even helped me deliver Nathaniel. She knows when I'm having an 'off' day that I'm still me and she is not going to judge me. She knows that I am not my job or my school or just a parent. I'm Carrie, and she loves me for me. It's just really nice to be me without fear.
I guess it just seems that ever since I've been here in Cali it's been hard to be me. People often jump to conclusions about who I am or what my values are. It's hard because sometimes I feel like some people just don't want to take the opportunity to get to know me for who I really am.
Let's just say, today was a good day. I felt like I was whole again...



Bethany, Craig and Nathaniel building towers with the blocks.
Bethany and Craig (I think Craig is happy to be in L.A.)
Nathaniel made a new friend to wrestle with.

Best friends


I love this woman!!!

No comments: