Friday, April 18, 2008

Someone beat me to the punch line...

Either my kid is really quick or someone was one step ahead of me in the whole "train up your child" thing. Today, after a wonderful morning at the park Nathaniel and I ran to the bank quick to get quarters for laundry. When we were in line I noticed a plate of generic oreos sitting on the counter, set out for customers. Unfortunately...Nathaniel noticed them too. So...rather than listen to "uhh...uhhh...cookie...please!!! Cookie, please!" I handed Nathaniel a cookie (yes, I know, I'm not aiming for the 'mom of the year' award) and immediately he separated the two halves and licked the creme out of the middle (and set the other half on the floor...gross).

Although I think he's pretty bright, it can't be some sort of new inbred, "knowledge" that kids of this century are born with. Someone taught my kid how to eat an oreo... :( What's the world coming to when a parent can't teach her child the important things of life? What's next, the alphabet?

3 comments:

Dan said...

I wouldn't agree that someone else would have had to teach him how to eat an oreo - there are certain things that just seem obvious and natural to do. Like stomping in puddles or running toward a flock of geese. :)

McMommy said...

I never stopped to think that you would have to "learn" to eat an Oreo! Maybe he got it from those freaky Oreo commercials where they have contest as to who can lick the cream the fastest? (how flattering for the actors involved--they must be so proud. ha!)

Lee Jones said...

What if it is built in? He just knows how to eat an Oreo cookie the right way?