Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Rollin' rollin' rollin'...

I know I should have pictures attached to this, but I have yet to get a picture of this event. I will though, and probably a video as well because it's so cute.

Aaron started rolling on Friday. It's funny because most babies roll over once and then forget about it for awhile. Also, most babies roll from their belly to their backs first. But...my little guy must have skipped that chapter in the baby books. On Friday I walked into the living room and saw Aaron over on his belly when he had been on his back when I left the room. I asked Olivia if Nathaniel flipped him over for tummy time (which he tends to do). She said no, and so I got excited that Aaron rolled over. This week, however, Aaron has turned into the difficult child. I remember when Nathaniel was about 8-9 months old and I would have to wrestle him during diaper changes because he would roll over and try to crawl away. Well, the minute he is on his back Aaron rolls over to his belly. So, when I change his diaper he immediately flips his bottom half over and I have to start putting my legs on him to keep him in place. Geez!

It's funny because when I check on him after he's fallen asleep I find him in the most awkward positions in his crib. Mostly with him on his tummy and his head jammed into the corner of the crib. Tonight he was bent back though and that worried me.

I know that as soon as he has the strength to hold his stout self up on those hands and knees he will be crawling. Help! I think that when Sam gets home on leave we will spend time baby proofing...ugh, I'm not ready for this!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Remember in May when Aaron and Daphne met? I think that they were plotting against us. Daphne has been rolling and wiggling on the changing table for at least a month, and is now officially an early crawler. And the place isn't completely baby-proofed yet...