Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Double ear infection and a case of the technicolor yawns...

First, I have to say I love my boy's timing. In the 22 months he has been on this earth, he has only thrown up a few times. The first time was after his 1st birthday (I think too much frosting or something). I got to deal with that one, but this past week he's had the flu and has managed to throw up quite a few times. Every time he's thrown up, I have not been home, so Sam has had to deal with it. Amazing timing! I feel lucky. I told Sam it was because he missed out on the 8 months of puking I did while pregnant, it's payback time.

I did take Nathaniel to the pediatrician today to see if there was anything we could do to help him get better from the "pukes". Turns out he has a double ear infection too. Poor boy. He had to have a shot of antibiotics since he was throwing up too. That equaled really unhappy boy at the doctor's. He was also really unhappy because I wouldn't give him any milk...

Funny story from tonight. We were picking up toys before bathtime and Nathaniel picked up most of his blocks and then dumped them all out. He got into "ignoring" mood when I kept reminding him to pick up his blocks. Finally I said, "Nathaniel, look at me. If you aren't going to pick up your blocks you are going to have a time out." Then I went to put something away, and I came back into the living room and couldn't find Nathaniel. I went into the kitchen and found him in time out with his arms crossed. I burst into laughter and walked into the living room because he had put himself in time out! What a funny boy. After that, he picked up blocks right away.

He's an awesome kid. I love this boy.

2 comments:

Lee Jones said...

Aww... poor Nathaniel! And, so rebelliously obedient!

Dan said...

Sounds like you might have to work on 'IF clauses' with him :)