Thursday, May 15, 2008

Our Mother's Day

I had a wonderful Mother's Day. I got to sleep in (wahoo!!!) until 8am where I was gently awoken by Sam coming into the bedroom with a hot mug of coffee for me. He was going to serve me breakfast in bed, but I thought it would be a little too cliche and I wanted to eat in the kitchen with Sam and Nathaniel (and avoid little one jumping onto the bed and spilling syrup on my sheets). Sam not only made me pancakes, but he made me banana pancakes! My favorite!
After church and nap we went to Disneyland. When we got there I said, "Hey, let's see if Nathaniel is tall enough to ride the Matterhorn yet!" I didn't think he would be, but he was tall enough, so I won the 'Mother of the Year' award by taking my 22 month old on a roller coaster ride.


Here is the after picture. He doesn't look too scared or scarred. In fact, we went on the Go Gadget roller coaster right after this and he loved it!
I will post another post with a slide show, because I'm trying to insert pictures, but it's being dumb (or, I'm dumb...hmmm...).
Life is good here. Sam is nearly done with the semester, I'm basically done (except for going to class and prepping Hebrew before class) and it's been nice to go to the park more often. My major project (aside from reading for pleasure) has been to really clean the apartment. I have been picking something to clean every day. I am pleased to announce my living room is clean completely. I even cleaned out the desk! Woot! I also dusted the tip tops of the book shelves! As soon as Sam is finished with his final paper, he's going to be handed a dust rag and a mop and he will get to join the fun.
Nathaniel is awesome. He is starting to put words together. His favorite one is pointing to a picture of the family and saying, "daddy and mommy and daddy and mommy and daddy..." It's pretty cute.
The bodily functions have calmed down as well. We are finishing up the antibiotics and the poops are solid once more. Life is good. Tomorrow we will go to Disneyland and enjoy our free time because summer school starts in two weeks. Ugh.


6 comments:

Heather B. said...

What a great Mother's Day!! DisneyLand?!?! Im so jealous!!!

The Roaming Southerner said...

Yea! to good mother's days
Glad yours was a good one!

McMommy said...

I love that you took him on a roller coaster!!! Although I must confess...Mainly to assuage my own guilt of taking Matty on Goofy's Barnstormer at Disney World when he was only 20 months old. He was PETRIFIED. At least your son looked ok afterwards!!! :)

Glad you had such a nice Mother's Day!

Jen said...

OMG--Disneyland on Mother's Day??!! What a perfect idea! Just so you feel better, I let my 5 year old go on Tower of Terror in WDW and he was so scared. I felt horrible for encouraging him. I love the ride, but it is definitely not for 5 year olds!

amanda said...

disneyland on mommy's day!! wow :) how awesome is that!!

sooo fun!!

Lee Jones said...

that is way cool! (I know, I'm way behind the curve)