Thursday, May 22, 2008

The return of Blankie!

The new Blankie arrived today, just in time for nap. Nathaniel was pretty happy about it, and it's interesting to see how his vocabulary has improved in only a month. He now calls it "Blank" instead of 'bee bee'. Awww...

Sam told Nathaniel that we got Blankie cleaned really well which was why it was gone for so long. I honestly don't think Nathaniel cares either way why he was "Blankie" less for so long.

We went out and got Nathaniel's big boy bed today. It will be delivered on Saturday morning, which means that tomorrow we have to completely rearrange the bedroom. We have to do some creative storing for awhile because we will keep the crib up until Nathaniel is through with the transition. I hope he transitions well, we got him a captain's bed and it is kind of high...At least he isn't a violent sleeper.

Not too much else to report. I'm super excited about my summer class starting next week. I got my syllabus today and we get to talk about some super interesting topics. The class is called 'Church and Society' which is actually an ethics class. We are going to talk about things like abortion, genetics studies, euthanasia, poverty, etc. I'm really excited. Unfortunately, I have homework to do next week in prep for the class. *sigh*.

OH!! and we had a real thunder storm tonight! I can count on one hand the number of thunderstorms we have had out here since we moved. It was wonderful. It felt like a real spring evening. Yay!

No comments: