Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Thank goodness it's all over.

I'm so thankful that the election is over. Now I just have to listen to people whine and complain (or gritch and moan as one of my co-workers puts it) for about a week before things calm down.

I have to say that I got REALLY sick of all of the one-sided arguments coming from different people, all of them assuming that I was voting the way they were. Or people who just wouldn't get off of one topic and who kept on beating the dead horse (yes, one of those people ended up with a really long post on this blog. That's what I get for sharing authorship with my hubby!). Let's just say, I'm glad it's finished.

I also have to say that I will not share with anyone how I voted. One of my students asked me today how I voted and I told him that it was a private matter that I chose not to share with people. He then prodded me even more saying, "I at least have to know how you voted on Prop 8. It's a Christian thing, I need to know if I can respect you." Even though this response made me frustrated, especially after the two part series our pastors just gave on loving our neighbor and not judging or over spiritualizing things, I responded again that it was a private matter and that there is a reason that voting is done in little booths. He eventually dropped it.

So, since Sam leaves tomorrow for his long deployment I will now get off of the internet and watch him put his boy to bed for the last time for a long time. It's hard. Please pray for us and if I don't update on this thing for awhile and seem like I've fallen off of the face of the earth, give me a call, I may not be doing that great.

Hugs!

1 comment:

Lee Jones said...

The Grummons are definitely in my prayers. We'll get together on occasion, OK?