Friday, November 7, 2008

We are surviving.

Well, it's been two days sans Sam and we are surviving. We are eating healthily (pancakes with applesauce totally counts as healthy!) and things are getting done. I have a new outlook on parenting. I'm just kind of letting it go. I am still strict with Nathaniel. He gets disciplined and he has his regular routine (limited t.v.--at least when I'm around--regular snack-time and nap time plus his boundaries of what he can/cannot do and how he can treat others) but, when he is just acting his age and being difficult I find that I'm much calmer. In turn, he's a lot calmer. It's nice.

What's also nice is the 3-4 hour naps he's been taking all week. That makes my day great. I get a lot more done that way.

I'm on top of my homework, my house is clean (at least, it isn't filthy with grime and dust, there are currently toys and dvds all over my living room, but that will be picked up by Nathaniel before bedtime, and the dvds are keeping him busy). I think we will be okay.

It also helps that Sam and I can talk on the phone every night. That will be harder when he's abroad.

I still need more recipes. I was literally wandering down the aisles of the grocery store yesterday going, "What can I cook!?" I did grab cans of cream of mushroom soup because I have some pork chops that I think I am going to throw in the crock pot tomorrow and I know one of the recipes calls for cream of mushroom soup. Yum!

Also, anyone who reads this who lives in my area, my regular sitter is on vacation the first 9 days of December and I still need spots filled for the 2nd-4th and 7th-8th. Please email me if you can help. I pay!

No comments: