Saturday, November 15, 2008

Wildfires.

Because I live in a hole I had no idea that the wildfires were that close to me until I looked out the window and saw the "snow" falling. I knew that there were fires nearby because I smelled the burning, but when Nathaniel's tricycle got covered in ash in a two hour time period, I realized it's probably a different fire than I thought.


Here is a shot from outside my patio. Notice that the smoke is hovering above us. The black spots are the ash that is falling.

Here is the North view. Yeah...it's pretty gross out.


I actually swept my patio this morning and this is the accumulation since then. I have since closed my door.


We are safe. I just hope the power doesn't go out because my laptop battery doesn't hold a charge and I'm actually doing homework right now! Let you all know if things change!


No comments: