Thursday, November 13, 2008

Why I just want to sit down and cry

AUGH!

It's so hard when Nathaniel doesn't nap. I just don't know what's wrong with my kiddo. Last week he took 3-4 hour naps every day (getting to the point where I had to wake him up at 5:30pm just so I knew he would sleep that night). Monday he didn't get a nap because the sitter had him out all day long, so I got to deal with no-nap Nathaniel. Today he didn't nap either.

I think it's because he's cooped up all day long because even though there is a park about 50 yards from my front door he doesn't get to it much. Why? Well, the sitter doesn't take him outside and by the time I get home and he's up from his nap it's dark and there aren't any lights at the park. Plus, with the bajillion cats that are roaming around this complex, I have a slight phobia of him accidently playing in some sort of fecal matter.

So, today as I was exhausted from not sleeping well and doing work all morning, Nathaniel decided not to nap at all. I even cuddled with him for awhile and ended up zonking out myself, waking up covered in my own drool with Nathaniel calmly looking at "Green Eggs and Ham" then ripping his blanket out from my arms and saying, "Down!". It was 4 by then and I knew my day was shot.

So, I have extra grumpy/needy boy here with my group coming over to work on a project (which is due in a week). I already bathed him though I have kept him away from all t.v. (at least, under my supervision. I'm thinking of getting rid of the t.v. for the next few weeks to ensure that he really doesn't watch it all day long) so that he can watch a movie while I try to get some work done later.

Sigh. On top of that he peed all over the floor after his bath and has been getting into EVERYTHING!

But, he just just redeemed my whole night. As I was typing this he came running in the room and said, "Mom! A pirate ship! Arrrrr!!" and made me laugh. There's a reason he's so cute! I think he's hinting that he wants to go to Disneyland...

1 comment:

McMommy said...

How do kids do that to us? They can drive us to the brink of insanity...and then say one little thing and we are wrapped around their little finger again and all is forgiven!

I've had zero patience this week. And from my blog hopping, it seems that alot of us moms are having a tough week. I think it's a full moon or something!