Sunday, May 17, 2009

Earthquake, take two!

Well, during Nathaniel's story time we had an earthquake that registered 5.0 on the Richter scale. I was much calmer than I was this time. I didn't even cry! I simply picked up Nathaniel and hurried to the kitchen to crouch by the sturdy counter. In hindsight, I should have stayed in the hallway when I grabbed Nathaniel, but I couldn't think of where to go and I have nothing to duck under.

Aaron was sleeping safely in his crib with nothing around to fall on top of him, so I wasn't worried about him at all.

Here are the funny things that have happened since the earthquake.

First of all, Nathaniel thinks we were hiding from the shaking since I crouched with him in the dark kitchen. When I put him to bed later he said, "If the house shakes we need to hide!" In his cute whisper.

Second, I turned on the t.v. to see the news so I could see how hard the earthquake was and they started taking phone calls from people and putting them in the news. So far, my favorite one was the man who called in and told the news people he was in the bathtub. Then he told us how old he was, 70. So, you know that everyone watching the news was trying not to imagine the old man naked and shaking in the bathtub. What was even better was when he said that his 12 year old grandson ran into the bathroom when the earthquake started. So, his poor grandson is scarred for life seeing grandpa naked in the tub.

Awesome.

No comments: