Tuesday, May 19, 2009

I think he's actually trained.

I fear that I might jinx everything if I put it in writing, but I think Nathaniel is actually potty trained.

Sure, he still has the occasional accident, but he actually goes potty on his own now. I don't have to take him every two hours and force him to go. He will actually stop what he is doing and say, "I have to go potty!" and will run to the potty and go. The ultimate test was when he was wearing a diaper tonight (I still don't want to deal with a middle of the night wet bed, even though he wakes up dry most of the time now) and he ran to use the bathroom instead of just going in his diaper. It used to be that he would just go in his diaper if he was wearing it. There are even times I ask him if he has to go and he says yes, and then goes! I am so glad that the light at the end of the tunnel is finally here. Potty training sucks.

We had another earthquake today. 4.0 on the Richter Scale. Unfortunately (or fortunately?) we were driving and didn't feel it. I'm interested in seeing how Nathaniel reacts to another earthquake since he keeps bringing up Sunday night's earthquake. Mostly he acts it out. He waves his arms around and then crouches down covering his head. What a hoot!

Aaron has a croupy cough. I took him to the dr. today since this is his third cold and he is only three months old. They all looked at me like I was the crazy, over-protective mom. After all, kids do that apparently. But, I would rather be safe than sorry (and the actual Doctor who looked at Aaron said that it was good that I brought him in to be checked just in case). I hate hearing the poor boy struggle to breathe. On top of that, I found out that he wasn't covered by our insurance yet. I don't know if the Army hasn't caught up with stuff or if Sam didn't take care of it when I emailed a copy of the birth certificate back in the beginning of April. Hmmm...we'll see!

That's about it here. More when something exciting happens again.

1 comment:

Heidi said...

I didn't put Owen to bed without a pull up until he woke up dry for 30 days in a row. I was NOT about to be woken up more than I needed to either with an infant in the house. ;)