Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day.

I am being kind of a baby this Mother's Day.

I try not to throw myself pity parties due to Sam being gone, because I know how incredibly blessed I truly am. I know that there are many people around here who love me (or at least tolerate me :P ) and I know that I am so lucky to have healthy children. But, I also know that Sam is gone and my kids are young so Mother's Day will not be a special day for me where I will get treatment like this.

Besides, Sam didn't even know Mother's Day was coming up until the day before yesterday so I know anything from him will be about two weeks away (sorry Chris, I forgot to remind him! I think he's going to call you though, I told him he needed to do that!).

So, while I am so happy to be a mom and so happy that I have amazing children to wake up to, I am sad that they aren't old enough to give me a cool picture that they drew with their hand print or give me cold cereal in bed. I still have to change diapers (something that I don't do on Mother's Day or my birthday when Sam is here) and discipline.

But, my sister in law sent me flowers and chocolate (hooray, she is my favorite sister in law!) and I talked to my own mother today and wished her a happy Mother's Day. I will hug and kiss my boys tomorrow morning and be grateful that I get to be called "Mommy". I will also put on a happy face and not begrudge anyone their day.

Happy Mother's Day! May all the Mommies out there get pampered!

No comments: