Wednesday, June 25, 2008

A case of the 'I don't want to you can't make me!'

You would think by my title that I am writing about my defiant almost two year old, but I'm not. I'm writing about myself.

I am officially 8 days into my 10 day class and I am mentally and physically shot. It wouldn't be so bad, but I have a 8-12 page paper due on Friday and I am starting the rough draft portion and I Just. Don't. Want. To. I don't know what it is. If it is burn out from being in class non stop since January (very likely). It could also be that things were pretty high speed at church the last week as well with graduations and end of fiscal year stuff and everything. Ugh. Let's just say I'm 2 1/2 pages into my paper and am fading fast. My goal for this evening is to rough draft it up and then tomorrow I will finish it off. I am taking my day off tomorrow, which means that the day when I'm done with class and homework I get to go into work and run errands. Oh well. Such is life. At least I got someone to teach for me on Sunday so I don't have to stress about that. I can spend Saturday being a mom again (poor neglected Sam and Nathaniel!) and Sunday I can spend packing for Washington!

I have some fun Nathaniel-isms that have been coming out of his mouth lately. Gotta love sentences!

"Wild Are!" Where the Wild Things Are (favorite book).
"Daddy! Spiww!!" Daddy, I spilled.
"Mom-eye ih Daddy!" Mommy and Daddy!
"Neeggee" Sneetches

Those are just a few of my favorites. And, he feels entitled to juice anytime he asks for it (he is limited to four ounces a day) so if anyone even breathes the word juice in his presence he chants "Juice!" in a high pitched voice until he is addressed. Sigh.

Well, time to get back to work (and get the boy up from nap).

No comments: