Friday, June 13, 2008

When watching the news is like seeing an episode of "This is your life"


For those of you who live in a hole (which is normally myself) the midwest has been under the attack of extreme weather as of late. It is so crazy to sit here in sunny California and watch familiar places on the news, all either the victims of heavy flooding (and I mean heavy flooding) or tornados.

One evening on the news I saw parks where I spent my college days relaxing and hanging out with friends, all under water. On the same news program I saw my grandmother's town which had been hit by a tornado (I'm assuming all is well there). My mother in law has been keeping us updated with pictures of where she used to live as well. I think if you click on the picture you will see a larger view. If you see the red roof next to the main river then look slightly north at the next building, that is where her condo used to be. It's crazy!
Even Sam's town where he grew up is being evacuated in areas. Holy Moly! I also saw that the place I worked during college has lost power (which makes sense since it is about 100 yards from the Iowa River...eek!

No comments: