Sunday, July 6, 2008

My poor type A personality just can't handle this...

For those people who know me well, you know that I don't handle changes in plans very well. Needless to say, this has been a rough weekend.

First of all, I forgot how hormonal I get when I'm pregnant. Even though the nausea has been minimal this time around I'm so stinkin' moody! I cry at the drop of a hat and I snap at Sam without meaning to. At least Sam is being very understanding...I hope. I try to apologize and at least I'm thinking before I speak in general public. No poor innocent bystanders struck by my raging pregnany hormones.

On top of that, Sam has been called up to go help with the fires here in Cali. I'm not upset about that, he's doing exactly what he's supposed to be doing, helping out with state emergencies. It's just frustrating because it's so last minute (hence the term emergency) and I have to scramble to find child care so I can be a responsible worker.

I guess having Sam leave, even for just a short amount of time, and being pregnant kind of brings everything back from the last time around. Not fun, especially since this time I'm chasing around a very rambunctious (and surprisingly whiney) 2 year old. And, Sam will probably miss Nathaniel's birthday.

Enough of the pity party. I don't need the cake anyways...

Washington was very cool. It was nice to see my family. We actually didn't do too much sight seeing stuff because my poor tummy wasn't up to a lot of windy driving, but we did go to some parks and one day all of the adults went for a long walk while my siblings watched the niece and nephews. That was great fun because when we were as far away as we could get it started pouring rain and thundering and lightening, so there we were running in the rain. It was great fun, although I wished I wasn't wearing jeans!

Here are some pictures (finally). I actually didn't get too many. I guess I was too busy living in the moment.




We definitely were sad to leave. Nathaniel is still wandering around the house calling, "Bryan!".

More later this week to let you know how we are surviving as a team.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK, a couple of things...you're pregnant again and you didn't even tell me! How come the relatives are the last to know? And you were in Washington state and you didn't even give me a call? Well, hmmph.

Congrats on the new baby! Keep us posted!

Lee Jones said...

Was that Nathaniel's first flight?